Sunday, August 3, 2014

Happy Returns!

After a week off from training for -ahem- lady issues, I returned to the gym yesterday. TMI alert!

Apparently, being a girl with a j-pouch, once a month, royally sucks. But really, I am thankful to be healthy enough to make that complaint again. It's hard to imagine my already slim frame being any skinnier than it is right now. But for 7 months, I was so incredibly underweight (I weighed 98lbs and I'm 5'8'') and malnourished that my period stopped completely. I didn't really miss it, per se, but I was acutely aware of what that absence meant. It meant that I was so sick, my body had gone into survival-mode and ceased all unnecessary functions in order to stay alive. Reproducing? Superfluous.

So while I hated it how it felt returning to female adulthood, I am secretly happy to be able to complain about something so normal.

But it did set me back a week in training too. I'm still recovering from that small setback a week later, but I can push through this, no problem. The time on the couch gave me an opportunity to fund raise a little more too, so I sent out a batch of emails.  My sister also sent out her own batch about two weeks ago, so funds have been trickling in and I am 53% to my goal!

The Kick-Off party is this week, and first Team Challenge training session is this Saturday morning too. I'm nervous! I haven't been in any sort of team environment since crew in college, and definitely not since becoming so sick. But the good thing is, I will be surrounded by people who are very familiar with this disease, so I won't have to do much explaining.

Oh, and I took a nice walk with my husband and dogs up to feed the horses some peppermint. FYI, horses love peppermint!


No comments:

Post a Comment