Friday, August 8, 2014

Kick Off Week

This week was super busy for me, but also filled with so much CCFA stuff!
On Wednesday, I went to the Kick Off Party for this season of Team Challenge. I am so excited to be participating in this endeavor, and it was great to meet such positive people.

Thursday, I met with the new walk manager for the Takes Steps Bucks County walk in October and I'll be helping out recruiting vendors for this year. Last year I was too sick to help out at all, I was preparing for surgery that winter...

Remicade and Humira had failed me at that point. My other efforts like overhauling my diet, trying gluten-free, and incorporating natural healing as well, all were a bust too. So thinking back to this time last year, I wasn't in a very good place at all. I remember crying as I called my GI doc, finally conceding, and asking him for that surgeon's contact information. He had suggested surgery many times, starting 2 years prior, and I stubbornly refused.

What a difference a year makes is all that comes to mind now!

Tomorrow (Saturday) is our first Team Challenge training session, followed by a shoe clinic at The Running Store! I'm so excited for new shoes, because I'm still using ones I had in college... I think I'd be better off running barefoot than in those some days.

Ran another 4 miles this week.
Total training mileage is: 8 miles.
Fundraising: 69% to my goal!
To support my fundraising efforts here is my page: http://active.com/donate/lasvegasPHL14/PHTCKDohan

What's that sound? That's the sound of PROGRESS!


No comments:

Post a Comment