Monday, July 21, 2014

First Training Session

I started training today! It was pretty pitiful actually. I gave in and joined (gasp!) Planet Fitness. Since I wasn't able to run outside as it progressively got hotter as it changed from Spring into Summer, I didn't want to jump right into running in the heat and risk dehydration.

(Side note: for those of you who aren't aware, without a colon, I am VERY prone to easy dehydration. The primary function of the colon is absorb water and hydrate the body. Without a colon, I have to be very careful to drink more than enough water. Sometimes, I have to replenished lost electrolytes too.)

Also, I was, and still am a little, worried about being so far away from a bathroom again. I can't wait to hit the trail again, though, so can I get another summer Polar Vortex please and thank you??

PLUS, Charlie was absolutely heartbroken I put on my running shoes and left the house without him. My poor baby; he's so neglected.

The run went okay, but like I said, pretty pathetic. I ran a 15 minute mile, ugh. Long way to go, but it felt good to get active again!!

Here we come, Vegas, baby!!

Fundraising update: 25% to my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment