Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Some Pain, But Pushing Through

It's been almost two weeks since I last updated! My, how time flies!!

So right after that long run I did with my sister in Boston, the very next day actually, I started have some pretty decent pain in my big surgery scar (the old stoma site.) It was a little sore, but then as my workday went on, it started getting more intense. It hurt to stand up from sitting in a chair and then getting in and out of my car hurt too.
So I took a day off from training and emailed my surgeon. The rest of the week, I would feel better one day, then run the next, then more pain the next day. It was like a roller coaster. I heard back from my surgeon and since there is no bulge (no hernia), he thinks I probably pulled some scar tissue.

But good news, all this week, almost zero pain!!

This weekend coming up is race number TWO: the Philly10k! I'm actually pretty nervous about this one!! While the most miles I have ever run was the Kelly Drive loop back in my college days, this will be the most miles I have ever run in an organized race. And I am still a far cry from the athletic state I was in back in college too.

Again, I am keeping my expectations low, and am just looking to finish the race- and hopefully not dead last.

The race itself seems really fun and cool. There will be so much to look at on the course, which is awesome! I always appreciate good scenery to take my mind off the arduous task for running miles on end.

I will update afterwards! 

No comments:

Post a Comment