Monday, August 25, 2014

Boston Training Run

This past weekend I was in Boston for a family wedding. My sister was attending as well, so we jumped at the opportunity to do a training run together! I didn't make it to the Team Challenge group session on Saturday, because my flight was right about the time the session started. So the long run took place through Boston Gardens and Commons on Sunday morning!

Good think I'm not drinking alcohol anymore so I didn't have to worry about a hangover. :-)


But I woke up this morning with some slight twinges of pain in the stomach muscles behind my old stoma site. I felt these small twinges at work on and off, but then when I stood up to leave our Monday meeting, I got a very intense pain that actually made me gasp. It happened a few other times as I gathered my things and got in and out of the car on my commute home. Ever since then, it feels like a slight bruise, a very noticeable ache.

I hope I didn't injure anything. I don't think it's a hernia, because there is no lump. But I sent an email to my surgeon (I had a ton of questions for him anyway that I just kept putting off) and skipped the short training run I should have done today. Hopefully I will hear back from him, and he will put my worries at ease!

On a positive note, I did 3.44 miles! I don't know why my little RunKeeper sidebar widget isn't updating the latest training activity, but I hope it fixes itself soon!

I have been really racking up the miles, but now we are venturing distances I have never run on a regular basis. This week will be running 4 miles at the Team Challenge group training session! Ah!

I need to buy myself one of those hand water bottles for these longer distances! I wish Hydroflask made one, but their bottles are metal so they would be like running with a small weight in one hand. I don't think that would help me with my time much haha.

Total mileage: 32 miles!
Fundraising: I reached my original goal of $3,200, so now my goal has been upped to $3,900 to include airfare to the event! I am 82% to my goal!
But $.82 of every dollar is STILL going to the cure and awareness of Crohn's and colitis!

Karting for a Cure: Kristin's Got the Runs for CCFA
Also, I have started planning my fundraising event, which I am super excited about. Save the date: October 10, 2014 at Speed Raceway in Horsham! More details to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment