Tuesday, August 4, 2015

I'm BACK!

Well, I completely neglected to update this last year towards the end of my training season and of course after finishing the Vegas Half Marathon.

First, I'm so SORRY! Here is why:

I got pregnant. And I cut back significantly on my race training to play it safe. I was actually planning on WALKING the race, until I crossed the starting line and felt like I could actually do it! I took very, very easy and slow. But bottom line, I was about 10 weeks pregnant, and I'm not a good liar. So I didn't know how to talk about my training and the race without talking about my pregnancy.


At the time, I hadn't told anyone outside of my husband, so I couldn't write about it!

But here I am, one year and one baby later, and I am jumping back into it and going for a second run at the Vegas Half Marathon!

I am also super excited to be a Mentor this year for Team Challenge Philly!

So here are my concerns moving forward:

-spreading myself too thin. Returning to work, breastfeeding a new baby, training for a half marathon, and helping plan another CCFA event (a 5K in Bucks.)

-training for a half while breastfeeding (what will it do to my milk supply?!), AND without a colon! I'll be drinking enough water a day to fill a swimming pool

Hopefully once I fall into a good schedule with work, pumping, and feeding my boy, things will run smoothly.

Oh yeah, and my house is still a constructio zone. Goal #1: complete the office construction (that was started a year ago) before I return to work so that my house clean and organized!

Here are a few pics from the race last year:







No comments:

Post a Comment